Saturday, March 29, 2014

Maintenance, adjustments and modifications

After my ride on Thursday I knew my bike needed some maintenance and a few cockpit adjustments.  After a quick clean and lube on the chain I  started on adjusting my cockpit.  I made the mistake a lot of people make when setting their break and shifter levers, smashing them right up against the grip.  Also had a hard time getting my hand comfortable with the shifters.

Before



After loosing everything up I moved the brake lever so that my hand was fully on the grip and could comfortably pull the lever with my index finger.  Then moved the shifter over.  After a quick spin on the trainer my hands were a lot more comfortable.  Never be afraid to adjust your bike so its more comfortable for you.

After with the brake lever adjusted


With the shifter set



Cassie hasn't liked the saddle that came on her Trek 820 from day one.  While it was fine for commuting to class when she bought the bike on longer rides she's not comfortable.  I ran across an Bontrager Evoke 1 WSD saddle on craigslist for $15.  For the cost figured it was worth a shot if she hates its back on Craigslist for $15.
Old Bontrager SSR Saddle

New Bontrager Evoke 1 WSD saddle

Drew,





No comments:

Post a Comment